Friday, November 26, 2010

A Positive Rant-There Are Good People In This World

All,

I simply must take this opportunity to tell you that despite the fact my blog focuses on mostly negative rants, sometimes a rave is in order.  Today is that day.  I want to send a shout out to Tom Boos of Vancouver, BC for showing me that there are good people left in this world.

This morning I pulled up to get gas at my local Petro Canada, and there was a line up to get gas.  Once I was finished fueling I jumped back in my van, started the engine, and nothing...  That's not all, my alarm was making this weird noise every few seconds, drawing even more attention to me as I held up everyone trying to gas up behind me.

I immediately got on my phone with 'the man' as he is quite the handy man.  It was early and so I had to call a couple times to wake his ass up, and when I did he was like 'what do you want me to do..." -ass!

So he says to ask the gas guy if he has a wrench, so I ask, and he says there is a mechanic shop next door and they probably have one, so I went over, but then I remembered I left my purse in my open van, so I went back-I looked like a chicken with my head cut off, running around... clueless.

On my way back to my car, a gentleman asked me if I needed a wrench, as he must have over heard me ask the gas guy.  I said "yes, but I don't know what to do with it".  The man is on the phone on one ear, and this guy on the other, so I told my man I had to go as I could not talk to two people at once.

You see I get really panicked in these situations, I think it is out of embarrassment, and I do not know why I care about what these people think of me-I will likely never see any of them again, but the man gets mad when I get all panicky and shriek on the phone in his ear, so I did not mind hanging up to speak with this nice calm gentleman with the wrench.

We walked over to my car, and he fiddled with a few things and asked me to start it.  Poof-she started no problem.  I said "how did you do that?" and he told me that my battery posts are loose and dirty, so he showed me what to do if it happens again.

Then he gave me the wrench, and I said no no-thats okay.  He said no take it-trust me-this will happen again until you take it in and get those tightened and cleaned.  So I accepted the wrench, and I told him-I owe him one-can I by ya a beer or something?  He said no but let me give you my card-and just tell your friends about me-I said so you are a mechanic, and he replied that too, I do it all.  His card read-handyman. 

He is right though-he is that too, because not only is he a handyman, mechanic and cleaner, but he was my little miracle for the day.

So thank-you Tim Boos-YOU ROCK!  You showed me there are good people left in this world.  I will tell everyone I know about you, and now I know what to do if it happens again.  You know what they say... teach a man to fish and he will at for a year, or some shit.

Tim taught me to fish, and now I am proud to be human again!

4 comments:

  1. Aww I'm glad everything worked out! I hate having car problems.

    xx,
    Delilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is hope isn't there? Humanity is there.. just have to look under every nook and cranny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love people like that. I find that they find me when I need them most.

    Yet another thing to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome two thumbs up to Tim Boos-YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

Let it out...

Related Posts with Thumbnails