Monday, October 25, 2010

Relationship Rant-PLAYLIST Song 11

Wowee, it is Monday, and Halloween is quickly approaching. I decorated the house over the weekend so hopfully the kiddies are taking notes on who is likely going to give them the most candy... 

I hope you all had a amazing weekend, and that this Monday is not too busy for you to find a few minutes to enjoy song 11 of my Relationship Rant playlist.

I just discovered this gal, but she has been around for awhile.  If you are a Grey's Anatomy fan then you have likely heard some of her stuff.  I found her by fate- is what I believe, because she is great, and now I get to share my favorite song of hers with all of my wonderful visotors.

Her name is Brandi Carlile, and she is a triple threat in that she can sing, play a mean guitar and the piano as well.  I am sure she does other stuff well too, but those three I know for sure.

She reminds me of a few different artists all rolled into one, and some of my favorites, which is probably why I like her so much.  She reminds me of Pink, Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash, and Adele.  I do not know how to describe her music, I would have to say folk rock soul?  Perhaps I created a new category of music. 

So what do you think about Brandi Carlile?  What would you classify her music as?  I would love some feedback from y'all on this hidden gem...

4 comments:

  1. Psst... I featured you on my blog today... have a look...

    Kelly

    http://myjoyproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this song. I think it's a few years old though. Her voice is amazing. I can't tell you anything about the lyrics, I'm not a lyric person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, either I'm extra weepy today or just feeling kinda lonely, but I totally started crying when I heard this--I love this song, love her voice. I'm thinking she's kind of along the lines of a Sara Bareilles or Sarah McLachlan--very raw, real lyrics. I've seen these artists classified as Adult Alternative under the Rock category on the Music On Demand stations(think that's what they called it). I just think of their music as real, straight to the core of life and relationships kind-of-music...if that makes any sense. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Let it out...

Related Posts with Thumbnails